Winter is here and we're treating you with this recipe for a Costa Chocolate Orange coffee! This recipe is for a delicious milk based chocolate orange coffee best suited to a latte, cappuccino or flat white. However, you can simply substitute the coffee for hot chocolate if you need some warming on these cold winter nights!
What you'll need:
- Speciality coffee with delicious chocolate notes (our Chimney fire coffee Ranmore feature is a great choice!)
- 200ml full fat milk (or non dairy alternative)
- 25ml Monin orange syrup
- Grind 18g of coffee to a very fine texture, best for espresso
- Pull 36g of espresso using the grounds, aiming for a 20-30 second extraction
- Pour the milk into a barista jug and begin to froth. Tip: rest the steam wand down the jug spout, lean the jug towards you (so that you can easily see inside) and point the wand to the 3'o'clock position. You want the milk to 'spin' in the jug until you get a consistency which looks similar to wet paint.
- Pour 25ml of orange syrup into a cup
- Add your 36g of coffee into the cup
- Begin to pour your milk. Before pouring, spin the milk in the jug so that it coats the sides. Then, pour from a height and being to mix the milk and espresso until the cup is about half filled.
- Now, perfect your latte art by tilting the cup towards you so that the espresso is touching the edge and place the jug spout close to the coffee at the back of the cup and begin to pour.
We hope you enjoy this delicious drink! We feature the UK's best coffee roasters and always feature a variety with smooth chocolatey notes, so join the club today if you're not already in!