This method is when the coffee drips into a cup through coffee sitting in a cone shape filter. Great for a coffee with depth.
Coarse - Cafetiere
1 cup - 12-15g for every 200ml water
6 cups - 28g for 800ml water
- Boil your kettle and warm up your cafetiere by rinsing it out.
- Add your coarse ground coffee and pour in ⅓ of your hot water.
- Leave for 30 seconds, this allows the coffee to bloom, this is when the coffee releases CO2, blooming enhances the flavour of the coffee.
- Add the remaining ⅔ of water and gently stir being careful not to get coffee grinds up the side of the cafetiere.
- Leave for 3 minutes
- Place plunger on top and push slowly.
- Serve and share with us @secretcaffeineclub
Need to buy cafetiere coffee online? Sign up to the Secret Caffeine Club today!