The stovetop method is a traditionally Italian way to make a strong, aromatic coffee by pushing hot water though the coffee grinds under steam pressure, similarly to espresso but an inexpensive alternative.
Fine - Stovetop
1 cup - 12-15g with 200ml water
6 cups - 28g with 800ml water
- Boil the kettle and leave to rest for one minute, just boiled water would start the brewing process too early and the coffee would lose its flavours.
- Remove the filter-basket and fill the bottom chamber of the stovetop, the water should touch but not cover the valve.
- Fill the filter-basket with 24g of coffee and tap to level out the grinds, you do not need to tamp or press the grinds.
- Put the filter-basket back into the bottom chamber and screw the top chamber back on.
- Put the stovetop on a high heat and listen for the coffee to start bubbling.
- Pour your coffee straight away and show us your coffee @secretcaffeineclub
Need to buy stovetop coffee online? Sign up to the Secret Caffeine Club today!