7 uses of used coffee grounds:
- Fertilize Your Garden - Coffee grounds contain several key minerals for plant growth — nitrogen, calcium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium and chromium. Sprinkle them on top of your plant soil!
- Add them to your compost heap - It'll take about 3 months for your grounds to become incredibly fertile compost.
- Remove Fleas from Your Pet - Simply rub the coffee grounds through your pet's hair after shampooing, then rinse them off and let the fur dry as normal.
- Neutralise the smell in your fridge - Coffee grounds contain Nitrogen which absorb odours. Place a small bowl in your fridge to absorb any unwanted smells.
- Exfoliate Your Skin - Combine with coconut oil and scrub into your body and the coarse particles will exfoliate your skin.
- Use It as a Natural Dye - color cotton, rayon, cellophane, linen, paper or wood!
Stimulate Hair Growth and Strip Buildup - Exfoliating your scalp with coffee grounds can help remove buildup and dead skin cells. Simply rub grounds through your hair and scalp once per week before shampooing.